God, Life, Anything.

September 09, 2017

Setting The Right Priority In Life As A Believer Of Christ


"He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me is not worthy of me." (Matthew 10:37-38, KJV)

The above verses are actually what Jesus Christ, Our Saviour said: He talks about the position we should place HIM in our lives. The message of the Cross teaches one very thing: Surrender. That's what a lot of Christians do not know.

In this present world filled with fleshy lusts and cares, we should always remind ourselves of what we really are. Paul said in Galatians 2:20(KJV), "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."
We should know that as we have received Christ into our lives, we are crucified with Him and dead to the world. Once we are able to realize that, nothing can be paramount in our life except Jesus. He loves us and He died for us so in like manner, also live by Him.



Jesus said to us in Luke 9:23(KJV), "...if any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me." The followership of Christ is what makes us Christians. Nothing should ever take the First position in our lives except Jesus. His love should abide in us daily.

We should also know that anything that is above Jesus in our lives is idolatry. If your Phone takes your heart more than the Word of God, it becomes your idol of which God hates.

Finally brethren, as we have received Christ into our lives, let us love Him genuinely with the whole of our heart, mind, soul and strength; For this one of the Greatest Commandments (see Mark 12:29-31). Let's make Him the Priority of our lives that we may receive the Crown of Life He promised to us that love Him. (See James 1:12)

No comments:

Post a Comment