God, Life, Anything.

September 23, 2024

It's Not Too Late




Oh boy!
Life moves so fast and reality catches us no matter how you circumvent things. When I started this blog around 2017 when I gave my life to Christ, I was a teenager, a young student seeking admission to tertiary institutions, and a super positive person trying to get life right.

Fast forward to today, I am 24, have a girlfriend, no savings, about $2500 in debt and haven't figured my life out yet regarding income, life patterns, skill set and much more. I drifted away from Christ and thought I could do it on my own. I thought all the feats I achieved while I am closely connected were entirely through my sleepless nights, dedication, persistence and resilience which it was, but with Jesus being the Chief Foundation.

As I even write this, I sit adjacent to one of my creditors at work and I need to pay up today. This time tomorrow, I have to pay a little above what I owe who I sit adjacent to, to my elder brother. I live a very complicated life and it somehow gets more complicated as days go by. 

I could write about my bad habits coupled with obnoxious thoughts that dominate my mind the vast majority of the time but all of these things aren’t a pride so why spew more?

Someone once said, “Any life without Christ would be in crisis” and sadly I am experiencing the mal. Suicide has crossed my mind severally and sometimes when I have the patience to read through what I wrote 5-7 years ago, I am usually struck with the awe of how vast and immensely profound I used to be and how far I had fallen. 

I titled this, “It’s Not Too Late” because I know Jesus fixes all things. Ugly, yes but not irreparable. I sincerely don’t know how to transverse this debt phase or survive this week but I know I can’t get it wrong with God. This is time for rededication. Time for revival. 

I am kept alive for reasons and maybe this is one: to prove to myself that only God can rule my life in a way that would benefit myself and my family in the long run, and be an inspiration to others that God can literally fix anything because I know and believe that  He has fixed me. 

Jameslad is quite older now but still Jameslad anyway. It’s great to be back in God’s manifold flock.

Welcome to Revival.






No comments:

Post a Comment